Penetration Testing Process
As attackers become more sophisticated in their methods and strategies, your company must develop robust cybersecurity strategies to protect your data, clients, and reputation. Penetration testing is a valuable tool to help your business take a proactive stance against attacks and mitigate risks.
What is penetration testing?
Penetration testing, also called pen testing, is a way to identify and highlight security vulnerabilities. It safely exploits weaknesses to evaluate various IT infrastructure components such as operating systems, applications, configurations, and end user behavior.
Penetration testing differs from vulnerability assessments in that it mimics the actions and strategies of a hacker. Its goal is to access and compromise protected resources so you can gain insights into how to improve your cybersecurity.
Why is penetration testing important?
Pen testing simulates attacks by malicious hackers, providing visibility into your security strengths and weaknesses. A penetration test will help your business accomplish various goals, from improving cybersecurity to maintaining compliance.
- Improving data security: Performing regular pen tests will reveal how your current security system holds up and what changes you need to make to ensure comprehensive protection. You can improve detection and response, prioritize solutions, and strengthen your procedures.
- Increasing client and partner satisfaction: A robust cybersecurity system will protect your data, helping you keep your clients’ and partners’ sensitive information secure. Pen testing will enable you to defend your reputation and build trust.
- Meeting regulatory requirements: Ensuring compliance is easier when you invest in pen testing. A thorough inspection of your security stance will help you assess risks, solve potential issues, and establish protocols that will help you meet requirements.
Types of pen tests
Thorough penetration testing accounts for various threat vectors, including:
- External: External pen testing focuses on customer-facing structures to assess how they stand up to attacks. These tests are essential in environments that involve financial transactions.
- Internal: A comprehensive penetration test for internal systems will target devices such as servers, switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Cloud: Validate your cloud deployment’s security and identify risks with a dedicated pen test.
- Wireless: Pen tests will detect unauthorized access points and weak encryption to help improve your wireless capabilities and security. It will evaluate connections to various products, including Internet of Things (IoT) devices, smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
Invest in cybersecurity penetration testing from Agio
Agio offers several cybersecurity services to help your company improve defenses and enjoy peace of mind. Our experts will use automated tools and manual efforts to scan for vulnerabilities, run exploits, and recommend solutions. Learn more about our pen test capabilities today!
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.