Agio Disrupts the IT Support Landscape with AI-Enabled Service Platform
This post was originally posted on Enterprise Podcast Network.
Bart McDonough, the CEO and Founder of Agio, a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity services provider specializing in the financial services, health care and payments industries joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Bart McDonough discuss the following:
- Tell us about your background in Managed IT services and Cybersecurity? What excites you about this sector?
- What exactly is Agio? What kind of integrated IT and Cybersecurity services does Agio provide? Who is your primary client base? When was the company founded?
- About a year and a half ago you challenged the traditional mode of technology support right at the beginning of the Pandemic. What does this mean? What happened during this time to motivate change? How is Agio’s response is helping you better serve clients? Why does this matter to them?
- Tell us about your collaboration with Steven Cohen and Point72 Hyperscale and your work together developing an AI-enabled service platform? How did you come to know and work with Steven Cohen’s Point72 Hyperscale? Can you speak to your shared belief in the transformative role of AI?
- How is AI-enabled Cybersecurity and managed IT transforming industries and making companies more dynamic? Your core clients are hedge fund, private equity and asset management firms – tell us about that and do you envision your client base growing and changing?
Bart McDonough is CEO and Founder of Agio, a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity services provider specializing in the financial services, health care and payments industries. Bart has deep institutional investment knowledge, with more than 20 years of experience working in cybersecurity, business development and IT management within the hedge fund industry. His core strengths are assessing, defining, advocating, and driving the adoption of risk management strategies, controls, and models that enabled organizations to advance cybersecurity resiliency while successfully complying with evolving regulatory requirements, and behavioral transformations.
Harnessing his expertise in alternative investments, Bart and his team of more than 200 employees have developed cybersecurity and managed IT tools tailored to protect financial businesses’ most precious assets: money and reputation. Just one example of Agio’s industry-changing work included finding and repairing a Bloomberg Professional Services setting that could have compromised over 300,000 subscribers. As CEO, Bart has grown Agio’s roster of clients to exceed 300, spanning hedge funds, private equity firms, asset managers, investment banks and health care providers.
Bart currently sits on the board of two cybersecurity firms, TwoSense.AI and Magnus Cloud, and has just launched his debut book, Cyber Smart: Five Habits to Protect Your Family, Money, and Identity from Cyber Criminals, in early 2019. Prior to founding Agio, he worked at SAC Capital Advisors, BlueStone Capital Partners, OptiMark Technologies, Sanford Bernstein and American Express. Bart attended the University of Oklahoma and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Connecticut. He is married to the two-time Emmy award winning television producer, Cheryl McDonough, and has three incredible children: Russell, Ava, and Kya.