How to Turn Off Raise to Wake on iOS
Raise to Wake is a feature on Apple Watches, iPhone X, third-generation iPad Pro, and later iPhone and iPad versions. These devices don’t have the home button like previous iPhone and iPad versions, so the Raise to Wake feature improves phone accessibility by simply turning on whenever you lift your device.
How to Disable Raise to Wake
If you’d prefer to disable the Raise to Wake feature on your iPhone or iPad to preserve battery life or just for your own convenience, follow these steps:
- Go to your iOS Settings.
- Scroll to Display and Brightness.
- Locate Raise to Wake.
- Toggle the button to gray to turn the feature off.
Once you’ve disabled the Raise to Wake feature, you can turn your phone on by either tapping the screen or pressing the lock button. If you want to turn the feature back on, repeat these steps, toggling the button to green to turn Raise to Wake on again.
To turn Raise to Wake on or off on your Apple Watch:
- Click the crown button to access the apps page.
- Locate and tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to Display and Brightness.
- Go to the Wake section.
- Toggle the Wake on Wrist Raise button to turn it on or off.
How to Turn Off Always-On
For the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, the Always-On display is on by default. These iPhones feature a low-power mode that dims the lock screen while displaying helpful information such as the time and your preferred widgets.
If you use the Raise to Wake feature, lifting your iPhone will fully light the screen up as usual. Otherwise, you’ll need to tap the screen or press the lock button to activate your phone.
The display will go completely dark on its own in a few situations, such as when you:
- Put your iPhone face down
- Place your phone in a pocket or bag
- Turn on Low Power Mode
- Utilize the Sleep Focus feature
- Connect to CarPlay
If you’d like to turn the Always-On feature off completely for any reason, you can:
- Tap on Settings.
- Click on Display and Brightness.
- Toggle the Always-On display to gray to turn it off.
Discover More IT Support at Agio
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.