How to Send Form Responses to Outlook with Power Automate
Power Automate is an online tool within the Microsoft 365 productivity software family. Use Power Automate to generate automated workflows between apps and services to facilitate data collection, file synchronization, and notifications.
You can use Microsoft Forms with Power Automate to:
- Send approval requests with form details
- Deliver an email to a form responder
- Add new form responses to an Excel worksheet
- Send an approval request with form details
5-step Process for Sending Form Responses
Send form responses to Outlook with Power Automate by following these steps:
- Log in to your Office.com account.
- Prepare the form you wish to send. Start by finding “Forms” in the list of Microsoft apps. Give the document a title and fill in the required information, such as the person’s name and the desired action you want them to take.
- Set up Power Automate so that you receive an automatic response. For example, if you’re asking if an individual wants to have a meeting, you’ll get a prompt answer when they click on “Yes.”
- Set up the workflow by going back to Power Automate and clicking on the “Create” tab. Select the type of flow you wish to generate — instant cloud flow, automated cloud flow, scheduled cloud flow, business process flow, or desktop flow.
- Name the flow and select what you wish to trigger a response, such as creating a new item or file.
Once you’ve set up the flow in Power Automate, it functions in the background to send specific notifications, upload files, or complete automated tasks. The workflow depends on when a triggering event occurs — it can be scheduled, automated, or instant, such as clicking a button.
Sending an Email to a New Response
Follow these steps if you want to acknowledge a response to a form via email:
- Select the template named “Notify me” in Outlook.
- Sign in to the connectors and choose “Continue.”
- Select the form in the ID box.
- In the “Apply to each” field, select the form in the ID box again.
- In the “Send an email” field, enter the email recipient, subject, and body, and select the content to include the relevant form response details.
- Select the flow name at the top of Power Automate.
- Save and test your flow.
Contact Agio for More Information
Learn more about our managed IT services and how they can help you send form requests to Outlook with Power Automate.
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.