How to Safely Download Files in SharePoint
SharePoint offers users a space to upload data and share it with other people. Users have a personal storage area called a OneDrive that remains inaccessible to others until the user shares it. Understanding how to download files is essential for effectively using SharePoint and sharing files with others.
How to download multiple files from a SharePoint link
You can download multiple or single files from Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft 365, SharePoint Server 2019, or SharePoint Server Subscription Edition to your computer with just a few easy clicks. Follow these steps:
- To start downloading files, find your file folder in SharePoint.
- Select the files you want to download by clicking the circles on the left side of the file name.
- Once you have the files selected, click the “Download” button in the command bar.
- When prompted, select “Save” or “Save As” and choose the location where you want to save the files. If you can’t save your selected files, you may not have permission to download them.
This method will save the files as one zip file.
How to download a folder from SharePoint
Downloading a folder from SharePoint requires even fewer steps. Click on the folder and then the “Download” button on the command bar. The download will contain a zip file with the selected folder, sub-folders, and files.
How to transfer SharePoint files using Windows File Explorer
Windows File Explorer, previously known as Windows Explorer, allows SharePoint users to easily copy and paste multiple files from a site’s SharePoint. Instead of uploading individual files to SharePoint, you can use Windows File Explorer to copy and upload them to different SharePoint site directories.
To utilize these functions in Windows File Explorer, you must first create a drive map using your SharePoint site URL. Under the “Library” tab, select “Open with Explorer,” then copy and paste to the destination.
How to move files to a new location in SharePoint
Moving files to a new SharePoint location involves a similar process. Follow these steps:
- Select the files or folders in your SharePoint library to move or copy.
- In the command bar, select “Move to” or “Copy to.”
- Select a destination in your library, OneDrive, or a different SharePoint site, then choose “Copy here” or “Move here.”
- If you want to copy or move your files to a new folder, select the “New Folder” option in the top right corner. Enter a name for the folder and choose the “Create” option. You can then select the new folder and indicate “Copy here” or “Move here.”
Get in touch with Agio today
Explore our blog content for more technology tips and tricks to improve your company’s communication. If you’d like to learn more about our specific products and services, call us at 877-780-2446 or contact us online today.
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.