How to Restrict Apps on Company iPhones
Companies with business iPhones for employees may limit access to specific device functionalities. These restrictions can prevent staff from misusing company devices and becoming distracted by unnecessary apps. Follow these steps to manage apps on company iPhones:
1. Use Guided Access to Restrict Users to One App
If your team uses only one app on the iPhone, you can use Guided Access to ensure they can’t access other apps or specific areas of the screen. This setting requires users to provide a passcode to leave the app. Turn on Guided Access by following these steps:
- Go to the “General” section in the Settings app.
- Tap the “Accessibility” section.
- Go to “Guided Access.” Turn the toggle on and set up your passcode.
- Leave the Settings app and pull up the app you want to restrict users from opening.
- Click the home button three times to turn on Guided Access. For iPhones without a home button, use the side button.
- Set your parameters for the Guided Access session, then tap “Start.”
To turn Guided Access off, triple-click the home or side button and enter your passcode.
2. Disable Specific Apps in Content & Privacy Settings
You can disable certain apps on company iPhones, so users see only the programs they need to use. Hide apps in three steps:
- Go to the “Screen Time” section in the phone’s settings.
- Tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Under “Allowed Apps,” turn the toggles on for apps you want on the iPhone and switch the toggles off to remove the app from the device.
You can enable or restrict other apps in the future by turning the toggles on and off as needed.
3. Restrict App Store Downloads and Purchases
Block users from installing or deleting apps or completing in-app purchases on company iPhones through content and privacy settings. Complete these steps:
- Navigate to the “Screen Time” menu in the Settings app.
- Select “Content & Privacy Restrictions.”
- Choose “iTunes & App Store Purchases.”
- Change “Installing Apps” and “Deleting Apps” to “don’t allow.”
- Select “don’t allow” for “In-app purchases.”
4. Use Apple Configurator to Manage Several Company iPhones
Apple Configurator is an app intended to configure and manage your business’s iPhones. You can see all your company iPhones in the app and manage one device or several at once. With Apple Configurator, you can:
- Restrict apps.
- Install configuration profiles.
- Update software.
- Rename devices.
- Export device data.
This app is available in the Apple App Store.
Learn More About Our Managed IT Services
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.