How to Hide Apps for iOS
Whether you want to clean up your Home Screen or hide certain apps, you can use various features on your Apple device to create organization and promote privacy.
How to store apps in the App Library
On iOS 14 and later, the App Library feature helps organize apps in groups, making them easier to find. Locate your App Library by swiping to the right on your Home Screen to the last page.
To move a single app to your App Library:
- Press on the app until a menu appears.
- Select Remove the App.
- Choose Remove from Home Screen.
To move several apps at once:
- Hold down on an empty area of your Home Screen.
- Tap the minus symbol in the corner of each app you’d like to remove.
- Select Remove from Home Screen.
The iPhone apps you remove from Home Screen are still installed on your device but will no longer appear on your Home Screen. You can find hidden apps by searching in your App Library.
You can also choose to have new apps you install appear just in the App Library instead of on your Home Screen:
- Go to your Settings app.
- Tap on Home Screen.
- Select App Library Only.
How to hide an entire page
If you want to keep certain apps on a page but would like to hide the page from time to time, you can:
- Tap and hold on an empty area of your Home Screen.
- Select the navigation dots at the bottom of the screen.
- Uncheck the screens you want to hide.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner.
When you want to unhide a page, follow these steps and reselect the check circle under the pages you’d like to see again.
How to create folders
Another way to organize and hide your apps is to use folders. To create a folder:
- Press on an app until all the icons start to jiggle.
- Move an app on top of another one until it forms a folder with both apps inside.
- Drag other apps into the folder that you’d like to group together.
- Tap on the space to close it.
If you want to rename the folder, hold down on it and select “Rename” from the menu that appears. To remove a folder, press on it and choose Remove Folder. You can find any apps that were in the folder in the App Library.
Need more IT support?
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.