How to Email Someone Your Calendar Using Outlook
Microsoft Outlook has made event scheduling and collaboration easy with the calendar feature. Seamlessly set up events by sharing your availability, whether you attach your calendar to an email or share it with your colleagues. If you’re collaborating on a project, you can share due dates and timelines for different projects to keep everyone in the loop.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to share your calendar with people inside and outside your organization.
Add a Calendar to a Message
To send your calendar through email, take the following steps:
- Create a new message and type your email.
- Place your cursor where you want a copy of your calendar.
- Select “Calendar” under “Insert.”
- Choose the calendar you want to attach and select the date range you want to share.
- Select additional settings, like whether you want to show only working hours. You’ll most likely select the “Availability Only” option to show the open times on your calendar.
- Click “OK” to add the calendar to your email.
- Send to the appropriate recipients.
When your recipients receive the message, they can click the email attachment to open an iCalendar file. In Outlook, these files open as new calendars that the recipient can view side-by-side with personal calendars.
Share a Calendar
Sharing a calendar allows the recipient to view your calendar events in their personal calendar. A shared calendar can be helpful for shared projects or certain departments where everyone should be informed about the same events.
To share a calendar:
- Go to your Calendar folder and select “Share Calendar” on the Home menu.
- Select the calendar you want to share.
- In the dialog box that pops up, click “Add.”
- Type in email addresses or add people from your address book in the Add Users dialog box. Click “OK.” You’ll return to the Calendar Properties dialog box.
- Select the name or email address and select the permissions for that person. Click “OK.” All addressees will receive a sharing invitation in their inbox.
Learn More About Managed IT Services From Agio
Outlook is a powerful tool, and it’s only one of many helpful features in the Microsoft suite. Have you leveraged your Microsoft applications to their fullest extent? With managed IT services, you can enjoy all your Microsoft apps without management demands like updates or security needs.
Agio is a trusted managed IT provider for financial businesses to help keep you on track. Learn about our managed IT services today.
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.