How to Add Custom Events Directly in Outlook
Outlook is a robust tool for communication with your team, and various features keep you efficient throughout the day. One process you might find yourself doing often is making a meeting or event based on an email. With Outlook, you can use a few different methods to create custom events based on emails.
Reply With the Meeting Button
When you receive an email with information for a meeting, you can convert it into a formal meeting request with a single click. With the specific email open, find the “Meeting” button along the top by the forward button. Click this button, and the email will convert into a meeting with the same subject as the original email. Make edits to the date, time, and participants as necessary.
This function operates similarly in the browser application, but it’s located in a different place. The steps are as follows:
- Open the email you want to convert.
- Click the ellipses to the right of the message header.
- Select “Other Reply Actions.”
- Choose “Reply all by Meeting.”
From here, you can adjust the meeting settings as needed.
Drag and Drop
The desktop application has a drag-and-drop feature that turns an email into an appointment. From your email list, drag and drop an email into the calendar icon on the bottom left corner. Adjust the date and time and save the event. To make this custom event a meeting, click “Invite Attendees.”
Create a Quick Step
The Quick Step tool is an excellent resource for creating a custom event trigger. To create a Quick Step for custom events, follow these steps:
- Find the Quick Steps section in the Home tab on the toolbar.
- Click the small arrow in the bottom right to open up the Quick Step settings.
- Select the “New” option near the bottom of the window and choose “Custom.”
- Name your Quick Step with a title that’s meaningful to you.
- Use the dropdown menu to select “Create an appointment with attachment.”
- Select “Add Action” and select “Finish” to complete the Quick Step.
Once this is complete, your custom event trigger will turn your email into an event that automatically attaches the email for reference. This method can be a helpful reminder to you, or it can keep attendees informed about the reason for the meeting.
Learn More About Our Managed IT Services
If Outlook is a critical aspect of your workflow, managed IT services can help you stay updated and efficient. Agio has solutions for optimized technology and cybersecurity for companies in the financial services sector. Learn more about our intelligent IT services today.
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.