What Is Enterprise Cybersecurity?
Enterprise cybersecurity takes traditional cybersecurity to a new level. It ensures that you protect data locally, between devices, and to or from cloud environments.
Why Is Enterprise Cybersecurity Important?
Data is arguably the most important part of any business model. You need data to understand your clients and to increase internal automation. Most companies collect and analyze data often, even with the associated risks. Enterprise cybersecurity helps businesses protect all of their computing needs.
Cybersecurity is a general term used to cover the basics of protecting data. Generally speaking, it’s the process of defending against threats that come directly from cyberspace. Specifically, cybersecurity targets cybercrime, such as fraud. Typical cybersecurity approaches put more emphasis on handling threats rather than enhancing system safety beforehand.
Enterprise cybersecurity is more robust compared to traditional cybersecurity. Enterprise cybersecurity deals with disruptive threats that affect operations or expose data. The emphasis is on preemptive protection rather than handling threats as they develop.
What Are Common Cyber Threats Facing Enterprise-Level Organizations?
The most common issues facing enterprise organizations include:
- Social engineering: Attackers use fear tactics to manipulate victims to get unauthorized access to data.
- Third- and fourth-party vendors: Sources that handle various parts of your data may not be as vigilant as you’d expect. Their actions can cause security breaches of your data.
- Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS) attacks: Hackers overwhelm your websites to the point where they no longer function correctly. Many bad actors use DDoS attacks for ransom.
- Advanced persistent threats: Hackers compromise your data by entering your system undetected with unauthorized access. These individuals often remain unnoticed for long periods of time. They’ll steal your most sensitive information use it elsewhere.
- Insider threats: Issues sometimes come from someone working within your company. This individual might sell or give your information to someone else, though this could also happen accidentally.
What Is an Enterprise Cybersecurity Checklist?
Create an enterprise cybersecurity strategy by asking yourself these questions:
- What are my business’ boundaries?
- What is my software environment?
- How do I protect my network access from threats?
- How can I fix my network’s current vulnerabilities?
- How can I enact the principle of least privilege?
Ready to Enhance Enterprise Cybersecurity?
Agio offers cybersecurity services that can help protect your data from cyber threats. To learn more about our cybersecurity services, please visit our service page today.
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.