Three of the four industries most affected by breaches are…
- Finance: 73% of breaches are financially motivated, which means those holding the money are most at risk.
- Health care: 89% of health care organizations have experienced a data breach within the past two years.
- Payments: One in three retailers have seen revenue losses due to a cyber attack, and only 55% of organizations have achieved PCI DSS compliance this year.
Angle of Attack
Even today, only 53% of organizations are actively training for security awareness, and only 42% had a security strategy as of last year. Here’s how the bad guys are taking advantage…
- Malware: 51% of all cyber attacks involve malware, and health care and finance are two of the top three most targeted industries.
- Ransomware: The health care industry was the victim of 88% of all ransomware attacks in the U.S. last year, and this number is expected to quadruple by 2020.
- Remote Access: Nearly 40% of organizations were breached through insecure remote access (which is why the PCI DSS requires companies to implement two-factor authentication for remote access to networks).
60% of organizations that lose data will shut down within 6 months of a disaster. Don’t be a part of that 60%. Start with strong policies to set the tone, and then execute at a sustainable pace. We may know a thing or two about this…