National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Week 3
Weight of the World
By 2020, 1.5 billion people across the world will be affected by data breaches (International Data Corporation).
- 1.9 billion records have been breached in the first half of 2017 alone; a 29% increase from last year.
- Cybercrime will cost $6 trillion annually by 2021 – double the amount spent worldwide in 2015.
- In other words, 122 records will be breached every second, and 1 in 4 people will be breached.
Inside & Out
It’s a given you’re monitoring for external threats, but let’s not forget about those inside the company.
- 75% of breaches are perpetrated by outsiders, and 51% involved organized criminal groups.
- 25% stem from the inside.
A disgruntled employee might steal data for financial gain, or perhaps he/she is interested in pure data destruction. Or a privileged user might mistakenly compromise data. Whether malicious or accidental, monitoring traffic and subsequent patterns both inside and outside of your organization is a must.
MSP is Key
Managed Security Providers possess the people and the technology (i.e. SIEM) to maintain around-the-clock detection, filling the cybersecurity gaps most internal support teams face; gaps that are fairly large and growing…
- By 2021 companies will be unable to fill 3.5 million open cybersecurity positions (Cybersecurity Ventures).
- 57% of organizations already report significant challenges in hiring skilled IT security personnel.
- Last year, 62% of organizations used managed security services for at least part of their cybercrime defenses (PwC).
If you’re not already a part of that 62%, we suggest you hop on the bandwagon.
Connect with us.
Need a solution? Want to partner with us? Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.