The Cybersecurity Consultant will function in a consultative role, perform both technical and non-technical assessments and generate billable revenue for the company. This role is responsible for reviewing client environments and policies against a framework of IT security standards and best practices, documenting findings, observations, recommendations and presenting in a written form.
Agio is a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity provider servicing the financial services, health care and payments industries. The company has extensive experience supporting the alternative investment space, specializing in hedge funds, private equity firms and asset managers. Agio offers technology hosting, monitoring, management, helpdesk, disaster prevention and recovery, as well as managed security, 360° cybersecurity programs, virtual CISO (vCISO) support and cybersecurity consulting. With nearly 280 employees, the company is headquartered in New York, NY with its Network Management Center (NOC) in Norman, OK and Security Operations Center (SOC) in Raleigh, NC. For more information, please visit https://agio.com/.
The Cybersecurity division of Agio provides customers with superior compliance and security solutions and services. Industry recognized for knowledge and skills in HIPAA Security Rule compliance, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), and IT security consulting, the professionals deliver expertise with attention to both Cybersecurity and business needs. We are seeking senior cybersecurity consultants to help serve our expanding client base. This position requires the individual to function in a consultative role, lead a team in the performance of technical and non-technical assessments and generate billable revenue for the company. This role is responsible for reviewing client environments against a framework of IT security standards and best practices, documenting findings, observations, recommendations and presenting in a written from. Some evaluations require incorporating the results of technical testing into an overarching risk assessment. Previous employment in a consultative role is strongly desired.
Applicants should have 5 or more years' experience in the IT security (Cybersecurity) field (experience in the financial services sector is a plus) and should be able to execute at an advanced level in at least two and at an intermediate level in two or more of the following:
- Networking/infrastructure (routing/switching)
- Penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and security assessments (special focus in the Payment Card Industry (PCI) is a plus)
- Security solutions (firewalls, IDS/IPS, encryption, two-factor authentication, SIEM, DLP)
- Windows Network Operating Systems/Active Directory/Messaging (Exchange or open source solutions)
- Scripting Languages:
Candidates should also have direct experience with one or more of the following:
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). QSA experience a plus.
- NIST Special Publication 800-53
- ISO 27002
- HIPAA Security Rule
- Security Risk Assessments
Applicants should already have one or more of following certifications:
- GIAC GPEN
- GIAC GWAPT
- GIAC GAWN
- SANS GSEC
- CCNP Security
- CCIE Security
- PCI QSA
- HITRUST (Practitioner)
- Reporting to the Managing Director of Cybersecurity, attend to customers’ general and/or specific security needs on an hourly or project fee basis. Specific activities may include but is not limited to vulnerability testing, penetration testing, web application security testing, wireless security testing, social engineering, and security policy consulting.
- As assigned, be the primary point of contact for a given set of customers and assume responsibility for the actions performed and the overall security posture for said customers.
- Provide assistance and input with non-assigned customers’ needs, based on skill set and availability.
- Maintain documentation and notations for use by the customer and internally, for each customer.
- Provide accurate, timely and complete time reporting for the purposes of customer billing.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Assist the sales staff in the generation of new and management of existing business, including on site sales visits, pre-sales conference calls and assistance with proposal generation.
- On a rotating basis, provide after business hours support to the customer base through the company maintained on call system.
- At request, gain and maintain accredited vendor and non-vendor specific certifications.
- Participate in company designated meetings.
Due to the nature of the work performed for customers, it may be necessary to work outside of normal business hours to perform certain tasks. Some overnight travel is also required.
This is a Client-facing position. Superb oral and written communication skills are required.