This position requires the individual to function in a consultative role, perform both technical and non-technical tasks in support of assessments and generate billable revenue for the company. This role is responsible for reviewing client environments against a framework of IT security standards and best practices, documenting findings, observations, recommendations and presenting in-person and in a written form.
Agio is a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity provider servicing the financial services, health care and payments industries. The company has extensive experience supporting the alternative investment space, specializing in hedge funds, private equity firms and asset managers. Agio offers technology hosting, monitoring, management, helpdesk, disaster prevention and recovery, as well as managed security, 360° cybersecurity programs, virtual CISO (vCISO) support and cybersecurity consulting. With nearly 280 employees, the company is headquartered in New York, NY with its Network Management Center (NOC) in Norman, OK and Security Operations Center (SOC) in Raleigh, NC. For more information, please visit https://agio.com/.
Summary of Position
The Cybersecurity division of Agio provides customers with superior compliance and security solutions and services. Industry recognized for knowledge and skills in the financial services and alternate investment industries, and IT security consulting, Agio’s cybersecurity professionals deliver expertise with attention to both Cybersecurity and business needs. We are seeking cybersecurity analysts to help serve our expanding client base.
This position requires the individual to function in a consultative role, perform both technical and non-technical tasks in support of assessments and generate billable revenue for the company. This role is responsible for reviewing client environments against a framework of IT security standards and best practices, documenting findings, observations, recommendations and presenting in-person and in a written form. Previous employment in a cybersecurity is strongly desired.
Applicants should have experience in the IT field (experience in the financial services sector is a plus) and should be able to execute at an intermediate level in two or more of the following:
- Networking/infrastructure (routing/switching)
- Security solutions (firewalls, IDS/IPS, encryption, two-factor authentication, SIEM, DLP)
- Windows Network Operating Systems/Active Directory/Messaging (Exchange or open source solutions)
Candidates should also have direct experience with one of the following:
- NIST Special Publication 800-53
- ISO 27002
- Security Risk Assessments
- You make our clients safer by providing clear guidance to improve their policies, procedures, configurations, cyber controls, technology, and all other elements that contribute to building and maintaining a healthy, mature cybersecurity posture.
- You address client concerns with clear and thorough communication, as well as offering proactive advice based on market developments to keep our clients informed and ahead of the curve.
- Your ability to consistently produce on-time, quality deliverables increases client loyalty, sets your Project Manager up for success, and enables the head of your business line to focus on the strategy and vision for your team. This synergy is what ultimately contributes to our ability to deliver on Agio's mission as we climb towards achieving our vision.
- Finally, you also influence the direction of Agio’s service evolution by communicating market trends and client feedback that inform new product development.
- Reporting to the Executive Director of Cybersecurity, attend to client’s general and/or specific security needs on an hourly or project fee basis. Specific activities may include but are not limited to security vulnerability assessment, vendor due diligence, security policy consulting, social engineering, open-source intelligence gathering and reporting, incident response testing and various technical and non-technical tasks in support of Penetration Tests and Security Risk Assessment.
- As assigned, be the primary point of contact for a given set of consultative cybersecurity activities for assigned clients and assume responsibility for the actions performed for said clients.
- Provide assistance and input with non-assigned client needs, based on skill set and availability.
- Maintain documentation and notations for use by the client and internally, for each client.
- Provide accurate, timely and complete time reporting for the purposes of customer billing.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- At request, gain and maintain accredited vendor and non-vendor specific certifications.
- Participate in company designated meetings.
Due to the nature of the work performed for customers, it may be necessary to work outside of normal business hours to perform certain tasks. Some overnight travel is also required.
Superb oral and written communication skills are required.
Applicants should be actively working toward their CISSP and/or one more of the following certifications: