The Business Development Manager position, based in Chicago IL, will be in a customer facing role with a focus on selling Agio Managed IT and Security Services to the Alternative Investment Manager vertical. Your primary role will be to prospect, qualify and close new client opportunities.
Agio is a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity provider servicing the financial services, health care and payments industries. The company has extensive experience supporting the alternative investment space, specializing in hedge funds, private equity firms and asset managers. Agio offers technology hosting, monitoring, management, helpdesk, disaster prevention and recovery, as well as managed security, 360° cybersecurity programs, virtual CISO (vCISO) support and cybersecurity consulting. With nearly 280 employees, the company is headquartered in New York, NY with its Network Management Center (NOC) in Norman, OK and Security Operations Center (SOC) in Raleigh, NC. For more information, please visit https://agio.com/.
You directly impact our clients by providing services that make their lives easier, better, and more secure. You set project management up for success by scoping projects accurately. You positively impact client delivery by setting proper expectations with the client. You influence the direction of Agio’s service evolution by communicating market trends and client feedback that inform new product development. By managing your pipeline effectively, you allow the business to staff and resource accordingly, directly impacting employee engagement.
Objectives - Year 1
- Participate in launching Agio in the Chicago, IL area
- Develop a strong network of partner and industry contacts
- Develop a deep understanding of Agio’s service offerings, strengths and differentiators and leverage this knowledge to create opportunities in our target market
- Meet or exceed assigned sales quota
- Actively prospect new service opportunities within the assigned geography
- Work with Marketing and Sales Management to identify key events and set Agio led lunch and learns in the area
- Develop relationships with key decision makers and influencers at all levels with the organizations
- Present Agio Services and Solutions to all levels of the organization and positioning the solution appropriately to each audience
- Create proposals, negotiate and close contracts with prospects
- Work closely with implementation and support teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Create and maintain a sales funnel including monthly prospecting reports and forecasts
- Increase Agio’s market share in the alternative investment space vertical
- As a Business Development Manager, you will report to the Executive Director of Business Development, working closely to support Agio corporate business development goals.
- You will research, prospect and identify targets for Agio Solutions and Services, forging relationships with key individuals at all levels.
- You will prepare sales proposals that speak in appropriate manners to all key influencers and decision-makers within the organization, enabling you to close business on behalf of Agio. You will work to establish a sales pipeline, reporting weekly on your progress
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field and/or have associated experience in the field (minimum of 1 - 3 years experience)
- A minimum of 1-3 years sales experience including IT and CyberSecurity consulting sales
- Specific experience selling to financial services companies
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening and questioning skills
- A proven track record and measured success in sales and account management
- Ability to understand the business challenges the prospect faces and effectively position Agio Solutions and Services to meet those needs
- Good understanding Cybersecurity services
- Experience with SalesForce CRM
- Proven understanding of selling technical solutions
- Strong lead networking/prospecting experience
- Alternative Investment Space (Hedge Fund and Private Equity Firm) experience
- Maturity and professionalism and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Your individual performance in attaining the target gross profit assigned as sales quota
- The percentage your services profit derived from net new accounts to Agio
- Customer satisfaction in you accounts as measured by NPS