As a contract Network Engineer at Agio, you will be responsible for the design, deployment, and management of networks for a wide range of enterprise, public, and purpose-built projects.
Agio is a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity provider servicing the financial services, health care and payments industries. The company has extensive experience supporting the alternative investment space, specializing in hedge funds, private equity firms and asset managers. Agio offers technology hosting, monitoring, management, helpdesk, disaster prevention and recovery, as well as managed security, 360° cybersecurity programs, virtual CISO (vCISO) support and cybersecurity consulting. With nearly 280 employees, the company is headquartered in New York, NY with its Network Management Center (NOC) in Norman, OK and Security Operations Center (SOC) in Raleigh, NC. For more information, please visit https://agio.com/.
As a Client Support Analyst, you will use cutting edge technology in supporting various clients, as well as evaluating all nodes in an environment and making recommendations, based on the client’s requirements. You will need to have a good understanding of WIN7 and WIN10, experience with a ticketing system, and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
The clients will look to you as a subject matter expert for your guidance when it comes to troubleshooting and setting up new equipment within their environment.
As a contract Network engineer at Agio, you will be responsible for the design, deployment, and management of networks for a wide range of enterprise, public, and purpose-built projects. Our team is small and highly collaborative and engineers are expected to wear many hats. You will jump between architecture, implementation, and infrastructure management, and you will work closely with other team members to grow and streamline our collective capability. This role requires excellent client-facing skills and an ability to think and speak clearly. You should be a strong collaborator, creative problem solver, and someone who enjoys learning and sharing knowledge.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Support and deploy new network architectures
- Work with project management and network engineering to generate implementation plans including Method of Prepare and maintain detailed and accurate technical documentation of Network information
- Install, configure, maintain and support a variety of network hardware and operating systems
- Resolve highest level escalation of network trouble tickets
- Share knowledge with other team members on network devices or operating systems
- Work directly with vendors, carriers, and internal departments to troubleshoot and resolve network issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 Years of experience
- Strong network design skills
- Strong familiarity with Linux OS/networking. Scripting experience with Python or Perl preferred
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, or Alcatel-Lucent network gear
- Network certifications such as CCNP or JNCIP preferred, expert-level certifications a plus
- Experience working with configuration management tools like Ansible and Puppet a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent diagramming and documentation skills