The Systems Administrator will be responsible for delivering outstanding technical support for Agio's dynamic end-users and client systems. A commitment to effective communication, quality, attention to detail, and follow-through is key to success in this fast-paced role.
Agio is a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity provider servicing the financial services, health care and payments industries. The company has extensive experience supporting the alternative investment space, specializing in hedge funds, private equity firms and asset managers. Agio offers technology hosting, monitoring, management, helpdesk, disaster prevention and recovery, as well as managed security, 360° cybersecurity programs, virtual CISO (vCISO) support and cybersecurity consulting. With nearly 280 employees, the company is headquartered in New York, NY with its Network Management Center (NOC) in Norman, OK and Security Operations Center (SOC) in Raleigh, NC. For more information, please visit https://agio.com/.
The Systems Administrator is one of the most critical roles and at the heart of Agio’s mission to create a loyal client base. Every client, every interaction, every day, the Systems Administrator is focused on delivering a stellar service experience. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for delivering outstanding technical support for Agio’s dynamic end-users and client systems. A commitment to effective communication, quality, attention to detail, and follow-through is key to success in this fast-paced role.
Your ability to communicate fearlessly will establish trust with both clients and team members. When you action each case, using established procedures and standards, our clients will see the consistency and excellence you deliver. Through this consistent behavior, your team can rely on you to provide accurate and detailed information, empowering them to provide an outstanding client experience.
- Deliver a stellar remote end-user and systems support experience
- Level 2 Engineering and Support for client infrastructure
- Monitor and manage email and case management queues
- Performance of “health checks” with an attention to quality and detail - address anomalies or escalate, as needed
- See cases through to client-confirmed resolutions
- Assist with automation of repetitive tasks and suggest efficiencies
- Document support-related solutions and client environments
- Identify repetitive issues for root cause analysis
- Ensure cases exceed client expectations and are within Agio pre-defined OLAs
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues, in a timely manner
- Ability to work from a ticketing system and provide quality updates to clients and internal teams
- Should be comfortable speaking to clients regarding their technology needs and making recommendations
- On-call is required as a part of this role
- Passion for delivering an outstanding client experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and friendly phone presence
- Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an environment of rapid technological and business change while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to “Speak Up” and share knowledge, areas of improvement, etc.
- 3-5 years Window server experience but not limited to:
- Strong understanding of Active Directory topologies and how sites interconnect.
- Strong understanding of File Sharing Technologies including (NTFS, DFS, FTP, and Backups)
- Strong understanding of group policies and how to troubleshoot advanced GPO application issues for servers and clients.
- 1-3 years experience with Dell/EMC Avamar backups preferred. Candidates lacking this experience in the areas will be expected to learn these technologies quickly and apply their knowledge to client environments.
- 2-3 years VMWare/Citrix Experience. Candidates lacking this experience in the areas will be expected to learn these technologies quickly and apply their knowledge to client environments.
- 2-4 years Microsoft Exchange /O365 Exchange Online administration experience a plus, but not required. Exchange 2010 experience preferred but should be familiar with 2007/2003
- Ability to troubleshoot mail flow issues (internal connectors or SMTP inbound/outbound)
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues, and comfort with database maintenance tasks.
- Collaborative, team-player, stays “Cool Under Pressure”
- Ability to provide off-hours on-call support
- 1-2 years hands-on Server Administration experience including but not limited to:
- Active Directory account management
- HP Server hardware
- Windows and Mac OS, MSFT Office, and common business applications
- Hardware: Printers, peripherals, and mobile devices
Desired Technical Skills
- Familiar with the Azure cloud platform
- Cisco networking technologies a plus but not required
- MSFT System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch)
- Automation Software such as AutoSys
- MS SQL Server, FTP, VMware, BES, MSFT Exchange
- Unix/Linux systems